I decided to blog about the Eve Eisler video.
I really enjoyed watching it and I think that more people should see it. Eve Eisler brought up a bunch of good points during her speech. My favorite part was when she gave the examples of all of the women who had joined in on the fight to stop violence and abuse against women. The woman who stopped thousands of female circumcisions and opened a house for girls to come stay in seems absolutely amazing!
I think that they way Eve Eisler approached these situations is great. She is doing a great job of raising awareness for violence and abuse against women. She is a great, entertaining speaker who can really grab your attention and make you listen to what she has to say. I hope that her efforts become more recognized and accepted so that we can minimize violence against women.
In the video Mrs. Eisler said “When we give in the world what we want the most, we heal the broken part inside each of us.” I think that this is a very true statement and we should use the things that have hurt us to make us better people. Somewhere, there is someone that is broken in the same way as we are and if we can heal ourselves, we can help heal them too.
Meghan McGehee
Meghan,
ReplyDeleteI also watched the video and came away from it feeling a lot like you. Wasn't if fantastic! I liked the quoted you included in your post as well. If women can find the courage to come forward with their voice and speak out about injustices then I believe that will encourage healing. Not just that either...it will give other women the courage they need to speak out about violence and abuse as well. Loved it, nice job!~Heather Noe